From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Pulse when input is high and reset it by other input

I have a problem that i want to generate a pulse if my input is high (Motor Running) and reset it from other input (Push Button) independent of my input change (Even it is RUNNING). i want to reset it either it is running or stopped.

Inputs:  1) Running Feedback   2) Push Button to Stop
Outputs: 1)  Only one out put.

As i m using other softwares which give us facility that we can generate single pulse on the feedback and reset it by other inputs or outputs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,940 Views)
Hey M_Atif,

If I understand you correctly, you want to generate a pulse train with one input and restart it with another input.

If this is true, then I would suggest using a Retriggerable Pulse Train (Coutner Output) Task.  Please click here for a great Developer Zone article on Retriggerable Pulse Trains.

What equipment do you have?  Are you using LabVIEW?  If not, what software are you using?

Regards,
Erik
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,932 Views)

Thanks, I am using labview Full Development system 8.2. I want to generate a pulse based on the digital input but want to RESET it from other control (e.g PUSH BUTTON) independent of INPUT.

My output (Pulse) should be high even my input is low.

I am using CFP-DI-330.  e.g I want to latch the output based on the input like a simple push button (not like a toggle switch). more briefly suppose i am using a toggle switch which change the output to high until it is high and low when toggle switch goes to low, i want output  to remain high even my toggle switch is low. i want to change output to low by any other switch like push button.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,927 Views)
Pls check the code, it may be easy to view the problem.

Thanks for ur fast and fruitful response.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,922 Views)
Hi M_Atif,

Your code was missing two sub VIs: latch.vi and ON-delayII_Edited_subVI.vi.

The code was a bit confusing to me, I hope I understand the problem correctly now.  You want an output that is set to high from an input that has latching mechanical action (not a toggle switch).  After that, you want to be able to reset the output with a reset button.  Is this correct?  A demonstration of what I have stated here is in the attached code.

Regards,
Erik
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,919 Views)
Thanks, I checked the program, Output again change to high when i press the reset button, i want output to be continuously low when i press the reset button even my input is high.

GENERATE A SINGLE PULSE!

What i exactly want is a pulse. e.g. when i run a pump its running feedback should give me a positive rising pulse. i want to use this pulse to latch some output.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,903 Views)
HI M_Atif,

You said in a previous post you want to latch the output based on the input like a simple push button (not like a toggle switch) and that you want your output to remain high even if the input switch is low.  You want to change output to low by any other switch like push button.

This is what I demonstrated in the code above.

You also want the output to be low after you reset even if your input is high.

So you want the output high even if the input is low and you want the output to be low if the input is high.  And you want the reset to change the output to low?  Could you please restate what you are looking for?

Regards,
Erik
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,892 Views)