Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections to Multi Channel Digital output Card

I am using a NI 9477 ( 32 channel Sinking Digital Output Module) to control various instruments  and solid state relays. I need help in making connections between the card, the device and the external 24 V power supply. I want to use a single 24 V external power supply for all the channels, is this possible?

I have a device that has 4 digital inputs and a common ground, this needs to be connected to 4 channels of the NI 9477 and the common and a single 24V power supply. Can somebody please provide a sketch for the connection diagram.

Also I would be connecting several  solid state 24V realys to the NI 9477 channels. Some of them would swith 24V and some 120 VAC. Do I need to take any special precaution for the wiring?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,090 Views)

Hi,

According to the manual you can sink upto 60VDC and 1A per channel. So the 24V should be no problem. In the manual you can find the drawings for connection.

Be carefully with inductive loads. You have to add a diode for protection. Is also written in the manual.

Keep the wires with 120VAC away from the 24V lines. Your solid state relays should give enough protection.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,075 Views)