From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPLAT 2014 Beta

I haven’t tried the TPLAT 2014 Beta yet, but I have some comments anyway:

• If I install  TPLAT 2014 Beta, can it co-exist with the released TPLAT 2013, or can I just have one of them installed?
  • When will TPLAT 2014 be released?
  • Very good that you have added functionality to deactivate! I was missing that in TPLAT 2013.
  • If the Get License Status.vi returns Evaluation, it would be great if it also could return number of days remaining.
  • I have created a VI which reads an xml file with all license data and then inject it to any number of *.lvlibs using the Add Licensing To Library.vi. This works if I run my VI, but if I create an EXE of my VI I get error code 1043 while running it and the error message points to NI_LV2PLicAPI.lvlib:_LicenseLibrary.vi->NI_LV2PLicAPI.lvlib.Add Licensing to Library.vi. So I guess the Add Licensing To Library.vi is using some method or property that is not supported by the LV2012 runtime engine. Can this be changed so it is supported (or is there a workaround)?
  • Perhaps add functionality under "Build Specification" to easily inject license data instead of clicking through all dialogs with all manual edit's? The license data and the path to each *.lvlib to inject in a project could be stored in the *.lvproj ?

Regards    

/Gunnar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,151 Views)

I'm curious. When you license multiple libraries. Do they all use the same license? Are these seperate projects or are these libraries related?

I'm asking because VIPM supports licensing for one library per package. In order to license multiple libraries you would make them sub-libraries and license the parent. Curious if we need to support multiple individual licensed libraries in a single package.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,729 Views)

Hi Gunnar,  These questions seem to be pretty generic questions about TPLAT, but if you have more specific questions about 2014 features, please ask these on the LabVIEW 2014 beta forum since this is regarding unreleased beta software.

TPLAT Version Coexisting - All installations of TPLAT are stand alone and replace older versions (can not exist side-by-side).  However, All versions of TPLAT support the current version of LabVIEW and 3 previous versions (same support structure as other NI products)

TPLAT 2014 release date - We do not officially announce release dates of unreleased products because it is always subject to change up until the last minute.  However, in the past TPLAT has always been released around the same timeframe as the same LabVIEW version release, and an educated guesser could probably make the same assumption for future versions as well. 

Get License Status days remaining - This is a very good idea, we just haven't gotten around to adding them yet.  As discussed previously  you can get this information by calling the Protection PLUS dlls directly.  It's not officiall supported by NI and a little bit extra work, but worth it if you need functionality not available in the TPLAT API. 

TPLAT in LabVIEW Run-time - Because the Add Licensing To Library.vi is modifying a LabVIEW lvlib and VIs, it needs to have the LabVIEW development environment to change this.  This is the same reason that LabVIEW Scripting VIs don't work in the run-time engine.  Unfortunately there is no supported way (that I know of) to get around this. 

Build spec - Also a great idea.  We've been toying with this idea for a while, but it's a lot of work to create a build spec to do this.  No gauruntees one way or another, but it's definitely on our radar for ways to improve the licensing process. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,729 Views)

Michael:
The libraries are related and included in the same project and they use the same license. We could possibly re-arrange the structure of our code so that all of them have one top library, but that is not the case right now. I created the injector VI that reads license data from an xml file just to make it easier/safer to inject (using TPLAT).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,729 Views)