From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 7 installation error

I'm trying to install the TPLAT package and I get the error below. I have Labview 12 to 15 on my system and I get the error trying to install the package on any of them.

Main Package Name: Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit v15.0.0.32

Package Name with Error: Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit v15.0.0.32

Error Message: VIPM could not install the package ni_lib_tplat-15.0.0.32 .

Error Code: 7

Error Source: Move in PostInstall.vi<APPEND>

D:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\Example Finder\1.0\Products\LabVIEW\13.0\exbins\english\lv2ptplatk.bin4

===============

-------------------------------------------------

I figured out the problem (or at least I found a work around).

I have 6 versions of LabView, 5 of them on the C:\ drive and the last one on the D:\ drive. When I tried to install the toolkit, no matter for what version of LabVIEW, VIPM would always try to write the file indicated in the error message on the D:\ drive but that folder is on the C:\ drive. I created a dummy folder with the path given in the error message and the installation finally completed. I copied the lv2ptplatk.bin4 file from the D:\ drive to the corresponding folder on the C:\ drive and it worked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,873 Views)

Yes, thank you, It worked for me just create the same folder as error said, and finished. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,059 Views)