DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update DQMH status outside of main?

After learnling DQMH, I have 2 Confuses:
1. Why the main vi in application lib is different with the main vi in modules?
2. I have a application which have a camera and a line stage.
2.1. Click start
2.2. Then the stage move to Position 1, after(or Wait) the stage arrived Position 1, Camera take a picture.
2.3. Then the stage move to Position 2, after(or Wait) the stage arrived Position 2, Camera take another picture.
2.4. After finish taking picture, stage go back to the homo position.

After learning DQMH, I know how to create the camera and line stage modules. But for the main function, how can I use DQMH to control the sequence?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,103 Views)

@Arvin618 wrote:
After learnling DQMH, I have 2 Confuses:
1. Why the main vi in application lib is different with the main vi in modules?

We wanted to show that the calling code did not need to be a DQMH module as well. You can see that the Application Main.vi is a state machine. If you take a look at the shipping examples, you will see that they are simple VIs that are calling a chain of DQMH Requests, in those, we don't even have an event structure.

That said, our internal projects tend to use a DQMH Module for the top level application as well.

Arvin618 wrote:
2. I have a application which have a camera and a line stage.
2.1. Click start
2.2. Then the stage move to Position 1, after(or Wait) the stage arrived Position 1, Camera take a picture.
2.3. Then the stage move to Position 2, after(or Wait) the stage arrived Position 2, Camera take another picture.
2.4. After finish taking picture, stage go back to the homo position.

After learning DQMH, I know how to create the camera and line stage modules. But for the main function, how can I use DQMH to control the sequence?

Thank you very much

Take a look at these two other posts in this forum for some ideas:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Delacor-Toolkits-Discussions/How-to-Control-multiple-State-machines-using-St...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Delacor-Toolkits-Discussions/Right-tool-to-replace-a-State-Chart-project/td-...

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,054 Views)