DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1144: Cannot insert VI in Subpanel because VI is already open.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello community!

For a new application which I am building I am using DQMH as my architecture. I used more or less the same setup as given in the CML DQMH sample project (so a launcher which launches my main GUI which in its turn launches my modules). Some of the modules I use the UI as configuration and display panels. For testing I defaulted first to just show and hide the panels when needed. However, now I want to add a subpanel control to the main GUI and load the front panels of those modules in there. So, at first, I obtained a reference to the main of the module with VI Server. When I use this reference, I get the following error:

Capture.PNG

I also tried it by bringing the VI reference which is obtained within the Start Module VI outside and use that, but it results in the same error. Has anyone who tried subpanels in DQMH seen this issue before. I do not see what I am doing different from the example project for subpanels.

Thanks!

Rik Prins, CLA, CLED
Software Development Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,546 Views)

Hi RikPrins,

all my UI DQMH modules are derived from MGI Panel Templates: 

vipm://mgi_lib_mgi_panel_manager_dqmh_panels?repo_url=http://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm

MGI implemented everything needed to run a module as Window, Dialog or SubPanel. I love them...

Best Regards

Thomas

Message 2 of 7
(5,530 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RikPrins

With the problem being that the FP is already open, we work around that by closing it first, then inserting. You need to keep the reference to the VI open so it doesn't leave the memory when you close the FP.

You can find our implementation here:

https://gitlab.com/hampel-soft/dqmh/hse-application-template/blob/master/TEMPLATE_Source/Framework/U...

load module FP into subpanel.png

While taking the screenshot, I realized that it could with a little more documentation... 

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 3 of 7
(5,527 Views)

Thanks Joerg,

That was the issue. I already thought it had to be something like that!

Thanks!

Rik Prins, CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,520 Views)

Thanks Thomas!

I will take a look at them

Regards!

Rik Prins, CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,518 Views)

@RikPrins wrote:

Thanks Thomas!

I will take a look at them

Regards!

Make sure you run the DQMH Validate Module tool because the MGI Panel Manager DQMH template uses an older version, you can then save it as a new template.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,479 Views)

thanks. Will do that.

Rik Prins, CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,469 Views)