DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank icon Vis when creating DQMH from Template

Hi there,

I have created a DQMH Module Template using the DQMH 6.1 version and LabVIEW 2021 SP1.

When I create a new module from the DQMH Module Template, the VI Icons in the new module created by the DQMH tools are blank (only the icon banner is present)

- I have created the template in the LabVIEW Data Folder and on the same path -- Same issue 

- I have created the module from the template in an empty project -- same issue

- I have created a module from a template created with DQMH 5.0 -- The new module VIs have the correct icons

It looks like the issue comes from the DQMH tools generating process, in particular when they generate a new module from a template generated with the 6.0 version of the Framework, as the icons are correct in the template source code.

Does anybody experienced something similar?

Message 1 of 6
(1,156 Views)

Hello Iker,

I think you pointed out the issue. When using custom templates, they must be validated for the DQMH version you are using.

Can you use the module validator on the template before creating a new module from it and tell us if you still have the issue?

Validator documentation 👉 https://documentation.dqmh.org/ValidatinganExistingDQMHModule.html 

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
Message 2 of 6
(1,121 Views)

This is a known issue in LabVIEW 2021 SP1, reported to R&D as Bug 2009264. It isn't specific to DQMH tools, as it can also happen by editing the icon of a library and applying the new icon to library members.

The bug is partially fixed in LabVIEW 2022 Q3, but there are still corner cases in which it can still happen. LabVIEW R&D has indicated that the bug should by fully addressed in LabVIEW 2023 Q1.

To workaround the issue in your situation, you could either downgrade to LabVIEW 2021 (no SP1), or upgrade to LabVIEW 2022 Q3, assuming you're not falling into one of the remaining corner cases.

Message 3 of 6
(1,110 Views)

Hi Darren,

thank you for your answer and letting us know about this bug.

Knowing that the issue won't be fully fixed until 2023, is a very good reason to not upgrade the LabVIEW development version for new projects until 2023 version, as creating modules from templates is a basic function of the DQMH Framework, at least in my case.

For this particular project, I workarounded the issue downgrading the version of the DQMH template module  to LabVIEW 2020 SP1, creating the template and the modules from the templates in this version and then moving this modules manually to LabVIEW 2021 SP1 project.... quite annoying but effective.

Regards,

Iker

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,065 Views)

Hi all, 

I've been trying to recreate this bug using LabVIEW 21.0.1f1 and DQMH 6.1.0.90 and it seems that the bug has been fixed.

Could anyone please give us more info about this?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(599 Views)

@Arranz wrote:

I've been trying to recreate this bug using LabVIEW 21.0.1f1 and DQMH 6.1.0.90 and it seems that the bug has been fixed.

Could anyone please give us more info about this?

The bug doesn't always happen, it has to do with a load-time optimization that doesn't always get triggered. So you may not ever see it. But the issue with the optimization is fully addressed in LabVIEW 2023 Q1.

Message 6 of 6
(589 Views)