DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

split timechannel

Hello there,

I have a datalogger running over a period of a couple of weeks.  I am saving 2 channels of data - the datetime and the measured value. 

Rather than displaying the data as one long series on a graph, I would like to overlay individual days of data on top of each other.  In Minitab there is a 'by group' option which does this and I was wondering if there is anything similar in DIAdem.

Does anybody know of a good way of achieving this please?  I would like to avoid splitting the data into multiple channels if possible, but even doing it that way I have found it hard to used the ChnFind() function with datetime channels.

Thank you,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,083 Views)

Ahh, I just found the ChnTimeAreaCopy function, which I'm using thus:

ChnTimeAreaCopy("/EventTime","/On Time",",resultTime","resultData", TTR("13:02:2013","dd:mm:yyyy"), TTR("14:02:2013","dd:mm:yyyy") )

I was wondering if this is the best way to achieve what I'm after?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,081 Views)

Hi Martinm,

For what I hear you saying you want, I'd recommend that you rescale each time channel to start at 0, i.e. graph vs. relative time from 0 to 24 hours for one day on the X axis.  There is an offset correction dialog in the ANALYSIS Basic Mathematics palette that will enable you to easily subtract the first value of the Time channel from all the individual values of the Time channel and turn it from absolute Time to relative Time.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Enigineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,049 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the help.  I ended up doing this below so that I could keep the start time but remove the day/month/year.  It achieves what I want although I'm not sure its the best way to do it.

Thank you,

Martin

m = .Channels("time"&i).Properties("minimum").Value

t = TTR(str(day(m)&"/"&month(m)&"/"&year(m)) ,"dd/m/yyyy")

call ChnOffset(.Channels("time"&i), .Channels("time"&i), -t,"free offset")

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,042 Views)

Hello,

could anybody help me how to split the data by time. Simply I need to create sript where I write down timeline, for example  04.01.2021 3:34:39 till 04.01.2021 4:21:16 and diadem will create new channels with data related from this time period. For understanding I have big package of data and I need to choose area and compare it with other area. To see engine behavior for example before repair vs. after repair.

Thank you guys

Pavel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,506 Views)