From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding data windows to graphs

I would like to add some "static" data range windows to a graph to see if my data falls within specification. I would like the graph to have a lower limit line and upper limit line, however, the lines are drawn such that they have a positive slope for the 1st half and then remain a constant value for the remainder of the graph. I'm having trouble trying to DRAW a line that hasa positive slope. Everything that I do only makes my line horizontal. I don't want to setup data channels and graph this way, I only want to "hardcode" the lower and upper limit lines on the graph object.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,410 Views)
Sorry Mikej,

DIAdem-GRAPH can only plot implicit lines that are horizontal or vertical. For lines which have a slope other than 0 or infinity, you must create a DATA channel that contains the line points, then plot a curve of that line from that channel.

Note that in the "Channel contents" tab of DIAdem-DATA you can right-click on any cell and select "Generate" to pop-up a dialog which enables you to create linear values starting at that cell and proceeding downwards. You can also use the DIAdem-CALC function "Generate data", found in the first ("Basic mathmatics") palette at the top left of DIAdem-CALC, to generate a new DATA channel with linear values.

Brad Turpin
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,410 Views)