DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMF File Format

Hi,

We use a mixture of DIAdem 2011, 2012 and 2015 and after producing TDR reports we export the pages as graphics files for use in Word reports. We also retain the graphics files.

Until recently, we have always exported in wmf format, either manually or using PicExport. However, the later versions of DIAdem don't offer the wmf format and use emf instead. That said, PicExport still seems to work, even if the file format is defined as wmf.

My concern, however, is that emf files seem much more memory hungry than wmf files and don't offer me any additional benefits. Our TDR pages are set to A4, but we put two graphics files per A4 page in our Word documents. In a recent test, I saved a single TDR page as both wmf and emf, with the result that the first was 6 Mb and the second was 22 Mb! When I inserted the 22 Mb file into a single page Word report and saved it, the total file size was 1.45 Mb!

So, my question is: given that I want to save the graphics files, and given that I don't need the features of a 22 Mb graphics file, and given that Word compresses them anyway, what can I do to save reasonable quality graphics files that don't require unneccessary memory?

Raster files don't seem to be the answer as they all end up as insufficient quality once in the Word reports.

Thanks.

Simon.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,171 Views)

Hi Simon,

I've had good luck with *.png image files of DIAdem reports or screenshots showing up well in Word.

Have you tried that or any other image file formats?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,114 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the steer. I hadn't realised how much control you had over the size and quality of the raster files. I've tried various PNG sizes and resolutions and I agree they are more than good enough.

Thanks for that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,105 Views)