From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Unexpected Error” opening files

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been experimenting creating data plugins using the Labview SDK, and have successfully got the examples shipped with the SDK to work (example loads a sample with the "lvtxt" extension). The import of these "lvtxt" files into the data portal works fine, until I attempt any analysis on the data portal data.

For instance;

Step 1: load the sample "lvtxt" file into data portal using plugin - works fine

Step 2: Clear the data portal, and reload a "lvtxt" file using plugin  - again works fine

Step 3: Perform any operation on data in the data portal (for instance min/max) - works fine

Step 4: Clear the data portal, and attempt a reload of the same "lvtxt" file - Consistently fails.

The error message that appears when I try to reload the "lvtxt" file using the plugin is "Error message from DIAdem command kernel: Unexpected error". The only option is an OK button with no other hint what's wrong. 

Annoyingly, the only way to "clear" this error is to quit and then restart DIAdem. Everything then works fine until I again modify data in the data portal, upon which the error occurs again. It appears changing the data structure (either storing results in the existing channel properties or writing the analysis to a new channel), causes a conflict with subsequent plugin loading operations. I've found no way to clear the subsequent plugin loading errors, except by doing a DIAdem restart.

What am I doing wrong here?

Labview 2015 64 bit

Labview plugin SDK 2015 64 bit

DIAdem 2017 64 bit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,380 Views)

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem with the example. Here's what I found out:

DIAdem 2015 SP2 32 Bit 2015 SP2 64 Bit 2017 32 Bit 2017 64 Bit
LabVIEW 2015 64 Bit  incompatible incompatible error
LabVIEW 2016 32 Bit  ✓  incompatible  ✓  incompatible
LabVIEW 2016 64 Bit incompatible incompatible error

The error only shows up with DIAdem 2017 64 Bit but not 32 Bit! The LabVIEW Version does not seem to make a difference.

I'm not sure about the reason. Maybe Brad or Walter have an idea.

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,329 Views)

Hi Bilby,

R&D has verified that this is a bug, which they hope to address for the DIAdem 2017 SP1 update, due out early Fall of 2017.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bilby42

Hi Bilby,

R&D has identified a possible workaround you could try prior to DIAdem 2017 SP1 releasing.  Please contact me at the following email address if you're interested.

brad.turpin@ni.com

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 4 of 6
(3,308 Views)

As mentioned by Brad this bug is fixed with DIAdem 2017 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,972 Views)

Just to be clear, the DIAdem 2017 SP1 has been released.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,964 Views)