DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQLtoolkit handling __int64 / ULONGLONG

Hi!
I need some advice handling BIGINT's.
The workaround using doubles and convert them later into long long int does not cover all needs, especially when it comes to
stored procedure parameters.

Will there any support for (unsigned) long long int's in the near future in sql toolkit? (thinking of DBBindColBigInt(), DBSet...BigInt(), ...)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,397 Views)

Hi kw001,

Let me confirm which NI software application you're talking about.  NI has SQL functionality for a variety of its software applications (DIAdem, LabVIEW, CVI, TestStand, etc.), and sometimes customers post requests for product A at product B's support site.  This is the DIAdem support site-- are you asking if there is any way to import 64 bit integer columns from a data base into DIAdem without loss of resolution?  If so, the answer is that DIAdem can not do this directly for the simple reason that all data loaded into DIAdem is loaded as DBLs (64 bit real numbers), so only the first 52 bits of the 64 integer will be preserved.  This is not likely to change in the near to mid-term in future versions of DIAdem.  Depending on the database, it may be possible to invoke in the SQL query some built-in functions or custom stored procedure to request the 64 bit column as two 32 bit columns.  You could alternatively send the queried recordset to disk using an ADO stream object and load the binary 64 bit integers with a DIAdem DataPlugin from the streamed binary file, again as two 32 bit integer channels or as four 16 bit integer channels, etc.  This is, in fact, how DIAdem reads BLOBs from a data base, so I have some VBScript code that we could use as a starting point.

But first please confirm that this is a DIAdem question,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,392 Views)
sorry, wrong application, pls ignore
was meant to be posted under LabWindows/CVI.

to Admin: could someone pls move this post??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,388 Views)