DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Refresh not Refreshing

I have two sets of data with the same exact groups, same channels and everything. When I import one data set and refresh the report it populates beautifully. However, when I import the other data set (which is identical), and refresh the limits on the plots change as they should to accomodate slightly different values, but the line plots themselves do not show. If I create a new chart I can get it to show just fine with the same data input. I really don't want to have to go through and create all new plots. The refresh has worked beautifully for me in the past. Is there a parameter or setting that I am missing to fix this? 

Thanks,

Kellen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,724 Views)

Hi rkmadse,

Thanks for the post - to give us a little more information to work from, which version of DIAdem are you using?

Also, does the behavior follow the second data set?  If you were to load that data set immediately upon opening DIAdem, does it do the same thing?  I want to get a better idea if this could be as a result of DIAdem's cached application memory.  

Lastly, are both of the data sets pulled from your local computer?  Sometimes pulling data from external locations (such as network drives) can slow the Report.Refresh method so I want to make sure we aren't running into that.  That said, it generally won't break the refresh method - just slows it down.  

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,638 Views)

2015 SP2 (64-bit)

• I have attempted to load the data from a network, and locally. 
  • If I add a NEW chart to the report with the exact same parameters as one that will not populate, it'll populate without a problem (I was trying to avoid having to do this for every chart).
  • I attempted to open diadem by opening the data set (clicking on the data to open Diadem), and had no luck. 

Thanks,

Kellen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,635 Views)

Hi Kellen,

Interesting - definitely sounds like unexpected behavior.  Perhaps some of the suggestions mentioned in this similar forum would be of use. 

So we have a better idea of the root cause of this moving forward, are you using the Refresh button in DIAdem, your F5 key, or some other method to refresh the report? 

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,625 Views)

I have been using the refresh button. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,604 Views)

Hi rkmadse,

Would you please post the 2 data sets and the TDR file you're using?  I'd like to try this out myself and see if I can stumble over the cause while poking around.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,595 Views)