DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORT Sheet Delete and Rearrangement Bug

I've posted this on a separate issue (as it appeared to be related), but got no response so posting it here, as it's a nasty bug for my users.

We have a script that loads large layouts (~200 sheets, many with multiple 3D Contour plots per page), then rearranges/removes sheets depending on some logic within the script.

On *some* users' machines, running the script causes an issue where a sheet that was "deleted" is not correctly removed.  The sheet's *tab* is removed, but the *contents* is left on the "next" sheet.  This shifts all subsequent sheets' contents, and crashes DIAdem when you reach the last sheet.

I was able to replicate the issue with a basic layout and a script that rearranges a variety of sheets before finally removing one.

The attached layout has manual name label text on each sheet so you can tell when the sheet name no longer matches the sheet contents.

The attached code and layout will cause each sheet after position 3 to display the previous sheet's information:

For example:

• "Third Sheet" (ends in position 4)  will display information from the deleted "Second Sheet"
  • "Seventh Sheet" (ends in position 5) will display the information from "Third Sheet"
  • If you select "Fourth Sheet" (ends in the last position), it will crash DIAdem outright

This is in DIAdem 2019 SP1, and DIAdem 2020 SP1.

This only happens when REPORT is open while doing these rearrangements/deletions, as far as I can tell.  Our current workaround is to display the Navigator while doing this, and the issue appears to go away.

Here's the link to the "related" post I mentioned replying to above https://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem/Bug-when-deleting-report-sheet-which-alters-the-channel/m-p/4078991#...

-Josh

Message 1 of 1
(1,014 Views)