Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetValueList problem, alternative?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using the following code to fill my comboboxes with data-properties:

Sub CB_Programname_EventInitialize(ByRef This) 
 Dim MyDataFinder, MyProperties, MyAdaptiveQuery, MyProgramNames, i, MyOutput 
  Set MyDataFinder = Navigator.ConnectDataFinder("My DataFinder")
  Set MyProperties = MyDataFinder.GetIndexedProperties(eSearchFile)
  Set MyAdaptiveQuery = Navigator.ConnectDataFinder("My DataFinder").CreateQuery(eAdvancedQuery)
  Call MyAdaptiveQuery.Conditions.Add(eSearchFile,"fullpath" , "=", "F:\Datas\*")
  Set MyProgramNames = MyProperties("Program_Name").GetValueList(MyAdaptiveQuery) 

Call CB_Programmname.Items.Add("",4411)
  For i = 1 To MyProgramNames.Count
    MyOutput =MyProgramNames.Values(i)
    Call This.Items.Add(MyOutput,i)
  Next
End Sub

My problem is that this code doesn't work with all my data-properties i want to fill in comboboxes, e.g Property "UUT"

I found out that the term GetValueList only works with text-property?!?

Is there any alternative or different way to fill all my comboboxes not working with the code above?! 

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,045 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AndiMEC

Hi Andi,

if you want to receive all values indexed for a certain property (like in the ... button in the last column of the QueryForm in DIAdem NAVIGATOR), GetValueList is the correct method to use.

As you already mentioned it only works for text properties. Which data type is your UUT property which is not working?

Please note that if you want to call GetValueList with custom text properties they have to be optimized.

To optimize custom properties open DIAdem NAVIGATOR and in the menu select Settings - My DataFinder - Optimize Custom Properties...

For numeric and date time properties you can call GetValueLimits to receive the minimum and maximum indexed value.

Have a nice day,

Eva

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,037 Views)