From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Sine Wave

Hello all, 

I have been using DIAdem lately to discard certain sections of noisy data in a channel. I have been doing this by comparing the fundamenal waveform of the data to a filtered waveform. I have it working the way I want, but I currently have to pull in a "fundamental" tdms file that I create with LabVIEW using the harmonics analysis vi. I have successfully managed to extract the fundamental frequency, amplitude, and phase shift of the waveform using the Single Tone Extract command in DIAdem. My questions are as follows:

1.) Is there anyway in DIAdem to generate a sine wave using the fundamental frequency, amplitude, and phase shift that I have returned?

2.) Is there another funciton or command that would result in this fundamental sine wave (similar to the harmonics analysis in LabVIEW). 

Thanks for your help.

-Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,027 Views)

Kyle,

Have you looked into generating channel data? There are a few built in examples that should point you in the right direction. One such example is called "Generating Channels and Groups with a Script". You could then use the "sin()" function to fill out the data of the channel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,970 Views)