DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENERATE TIME CHANNEL WITH SPECIFIED SAMPLING INTERVAL

Hi,

I have a file in attachment. Based on the information in the attachment file, I want to create a time channel with sampling interval mentioned.

Rsh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,387 Views)

Hi RSH,

It looks like what you really need is a DataPlugin that does this for you every time you load one of these data files.  How are you loading the data into DIAdem currently?

In the "Channel Functions" ANALYSIS palette there is a function called "Generate Numeric Channel".  You have the start value and the number of values, and you can calculate the end value by

EndValue = StartValue + (NumberOfValues-1)*SamplingInterval

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,377 Views)

Hi Brad,

I tried doing it from Analysis -> Channel Functions-> Generate Numeric Channel-> and entered 1.5E as my starting time but it is not taking E along with 1.5.

Currently am loading them in a wrong way. I go to navigator, load file window opens there i select the file type as ASCII import (but these are actually DTR_13499 ISO files). and slect any file among the iso file to load, Ascii import wizard opens and i select finish. then I can see my channel in data portal.

I need a script to generate a time channel . How can I go ahead for a data plugin if its really required?? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,368 Views)

Hi Brad,

To  load this particular DTR_14399 ISO file (mentioned in my previous post ) I have written the following code:

Dim Filepath
Call FileNameGet("ANY", "FileRead", DataDrvUser, "iso files (*.iso),*.iso", "", 0, "Select File to Process...")
If DlgState = "IDCancel" Then Call AutoQuit
FilePath = FileDlgName
Call DataLoad(AutoActPath & "*.iso","DTR_13499","Load")
Call DataLoad(FilePath)

After executing I am getting an error saying " Keyword "RSH INDIA/DIAEXTENDED" is not in the list."

Do I have to write a data plugin to load this type of files?

The previous attachment which i sent in my last post, Normally it will be a part of these iso file types.

NOw my concern before generating a time channel would be to load these iso files first and then generate time channel according to their sampling interval.

Rgds,

Rsh 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,357 Views)

Hi RSH,

If you will post or email me (brad.turpin@ni.com) several of these data files, I will see if I can create a DataPlugin for you that will load your data set with all its header properties AND create a time channel automatically during the load process.  The screenshots don't help much.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,348 Views)