From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel file conversion to tdms file

Hello Team,

I have an excel file, which i would like to use it for analysis of different voltage and temperature levels.

Attached is the sample xls file where I will have multiple files of the same type, so i would like to create Channel groups based on the data available as shown in the other sample.png file. Could you please let me know the best way how shall i modify the excel file to tdms channels. I have gone through excel plugin but as i am fresh to this i could not get how to use that option in a better way. Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,393 Views)

Hi rajeswari,

My recommendation with scalar data like this is to create a DataPlugin that declares your scalar results as properties, so that you can query just the measurements you want to compare across all the N files that contain M different UUT results.  After the DataFinder query, you can load the property columns you want into DIAdem for analysis and display.

I can help you create the DataPlugin, but first I want you to explain what sort of graphs or tables you want to create.  What is the results you're after?  That could shape the best way to expose the measurements in the DataPlugin.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,379 Views)

Hello Brad,

Thank you very much for your response and the support you are offering me. Attached is the format i would like to draw the graphs as per the Signal value for each sample from different excel files. It would great if you could help me in providing the plugin.

Thanks in Advance.

Rajeswari.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,364 Views)

Hello Brad,

As you mentioned you can provide me the Plugin for my requirement , could you please let me know if you need any further information that I can provide you so that it would be helpful for getting the correct format.  Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Rajeswari.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,327 Views)

Hello Brad,

I will be waiting for your valuable information on the plugin that needs to be developed for the activity i mentioned above, please let me know if there is any other alternative i can develop and update the files?

Thanks in Advance.

Rajeswari

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,252 Views)

Hi Rajeswari,

Just for completeness, I thought I'd answer on the forum as well.  R&D created a DataPlugin to parse your 4 Excel files, and I made a few edits to the DataPlugin and then used it to create the below PDF report.

I'm curious how close this is to what you want,
Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,141 Views)