From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog box font different on various devices

Hello,

i made a dialog box, but when i open it on various devices (win7, win10), the font is smaller or bigger, its not the same. I tried checking settings (win zoom, win fonts) but we have similar setting and the font is bigger.

Do you have some tip or idea what can cause this problem?

dialogSizes.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,088 Views)

Hi Lukas,

You have the option in the SUDialog Editor to assign an explicit font to any text.  If you leave the font in the default (None) state, then the SUDialog will use the default font of the operating system it's running on, which can vary from computer to computer.  Please choose an explicit font type and font size for all texts in the SUDialog and see if that doesn't iron out the size differences you've observed across multiple computers.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,980 Views)

Hi, 

i use explicit font: Arial. But the problem i think is that it vary on different operating system. i checked the version of Arial and on one computer its 5.2 and on other its 7. 

We have to use Arial font. Its a small detail, but my colleage cant see all the labels i made for the inputs in SUD. I asked our support to give him current OS which is Win10, cause he has Win7.

Hope it will solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,965 Views)

Hi Lukas,

Just to make sure we're communicating, you mention you've got it set up for Arial font, but what is the explicit font size that you have assigned to each of the texts in the SUDialog?  It's possible that a newer font version might affect display size, or perhaps even the operating system might handle that differently.  But if you've got an explicit font size assigned, you have a better chance for a similar display.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

Naitonal Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,959 Views)