DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataPlugin Wizard

Hello,

I'm trying to import data from a .org file. Most of the file is binary except some parts are ASCII. I want to import the following data:

A0	0,99357062	0,00048
A1	-4,6255517E-6	2,1281E-6
A2	8,2389271E-9	2,4556E-9
A3	-2,571435E-12	8,0372E-13

Only 1 channel is need, it's the first column of numbers.

Group name should be "DE0203" extracted from this line:

Courbe de correction du Débitmètre Eau DE0203 à 20°C

Could you help me to configure the dataplugin wizard ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,554 Views)

Hi Romain,

That file's mostly binary.  I was hoping you meant that there was an ASCII header section at the top of the file, but the ASCII properties are embedded in the binary section.  The only ASCII section is the first line:

CPYA 3,540 #

You're going to have to describe how the binary data is stored.  What program stored this binary file?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,517 Views)

Hi Romain,

I created a simple DataPlugin to look for the first line that starts with "A0" and loads 4 rows of values from the second column.  It also looks for the first line that starts with "Courbe" and uses the whole line as the Group name.  If you want just the serial number in that line, you'll need to provide additional lines like that one so I can tell how best to parse it.  I have no way of knowing how that information varies from file to file.

The DataPlugin ignores everything else in the file other than those 4 lines.  If you try this on other *.org files that are huge, the DataPlugin may perform slowly, depending how far down in those files the 2 lines are that it's searching for.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,515 Views)

Thank you very much, it's exactly what I needed.

How have created the data plugin ? By script or by data plugin wizard ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,499 Views)

Hi Romain,

I created the DataPlugin from scratch in the DIAdem SCRIPT panel.  The Wizard is not helpful for special tasks like these.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,489 Views)