DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataBlCopy converts waveforms to numeric

Hello there,

I am using the DataBlCopy command to copy sections of waveform channels. When I do this the channel that is created is of numeric and not waveform datatype and the associated properties (eg units) are lost.

When I am in View I can use the 'Set Flags' and 'Copy Data Points' buttons to copy the waveform section in the same way but this time it keeps it as a waveform which is exactly what I want.  However I have too much data to do it all by hand.

Is there an alternative command to DataBlCopy which does the same as the View method - keeping the new subset section as a waveform?

Best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,438 Views)

Hi Martin.

When you make a data block copy out of a waveform channel, it makes it into a numeric channel because you've only taken a sample of the y values of your graph. 

To fix this problem, you need to make block copies of your time axes that relate to the block copies of your y axes.

After you've done this, you've allocated timing to your selection. Now, you can go to the Analysis tab in Diadem, then Channel Functions, then Numeric Channels<->Waveform Channels, setting the x axis to your block copied time channel and your y axis to your block copied y channel. There's also a command that does this:

Call ChnToWfChn(X, ChnNoStr, [XChnDelete], [WfXStartTimeMode])

I've attached some print screens to show you my process. 

ShalimarA | CLA
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,407 Views)

Hi,

I was just checking to see if you've gotten any further with the dataBLcopy of your waveform?

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,373 Views)