DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIadem 2019 crashes when opening wizard for "%" ASCII files

Hello,

i think i discovered an unwanted behaviour of Diadem 2019. When opening the Data plug-in wizard for ASCII files that have in the name the "%" character the software crash sistematically. If i remove the "%" from the file name the wizards run smoothly.

Let me know if the problem is reproducible to others.

Regards,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,441 Views)

Hello Francesco

I cannot reproduce the crash with a copy of Example ASCII file

DataPlugin_Proc%Kopie.asc

Which ASCII file causes the crash?

Regards, Sandra

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,374 Views)

Hi Sandra,

that's really strange. I'm going to attach you the file to this message. Just to be easier to reproduce, i summarize the steps:

1) Add the file "1Ciclo_20%strain_nopause.txt" in a folder that is indexed by DIAdem;

2) Look for the file in the DIAdem Navigator, right-click, "Open with...";

3) In the new window opened i choose "Wizard..."

...and then DIAdem crashes

I get the same behaviour if, in the Navigator panel, i click on the "Wizard for loading a Text-Based Data File" button and then select the "1Ciclo_20%strain_nopause.txt" in the pup-up.

Please notice that if i remove the % character from the filename everything goes smoothly, so it should not be a problem with the file content. Moreover, if i already have a DataPlugin able to read that file, i can even read files with the % character. So it should be an issue related to the Wizard loading a %named text file.

Regards,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,368 Views)

Hi Francesco

Thanks for the file and the steps to reproduce.

The crash is reproduceable.

Regards, Sandra

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,361 Views)

Note: I've removed the "s" after the % in filename and the file can be loaded.

Message 5 of 7
(2,327 Views)

Hi Sandra,

it's legit to suppose that "%s" is bad interpreted by the Data Plugin Wizard, considering that in many languages (i.e. SQL) is a code tag. I don't need workarounds. I removed the "%" because the same consideration you did removing "s" char. I just thought that this is an unwanted behaviour and i opened a post to communicate it.

Best regards,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,320 Views)

The issue is fixed in DIAdem 2019 SP1.

Best regards, Sandra

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,241 Views)