DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem Script Error Upon Execution

Hello,

I have DIAdem 2021 installed on my computer, and I'm trying to figure out how to use Python to execute scripts. I have tried multiple examples from the DIAdem help to understand how to use Python scripting to work with data and report generation. However, every time I press the run button DIAdem freezes and shows the following error in the results window:

**** DIAdem START Version: 21 on 10/27/2021 at 12:50:28 PM
3 12:54:14 PM Error:
Error while executing "" command
Error type: ACCESS VIOLATION
Error address: 000141CB
Module name:DIAdem.exe

Does anyone know how to eliminate this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,888 Views)

So this error is shown even with the shipped examples?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,847 Views)

Hi DesasterMaster,

Yes, it doesn't matter which example file I use. It happens with every single one I've tried. Even with the default python script template, I get the same error after pressing run. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,840 Views)

As the error is an "ACCESS VIOLATION" try running DIAdem as Administrator.

If it works than you have an issue with the rights management.

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,825 Views)

Hi Sam,

If running DIAdem as Administrator doesn't sidestep the python problem you're having, then I'd suggest you check the configured python runtime engine path in the DIAdem Settings dialog.  Can you look that up and post it here?

Have you tried a repair or reinstallation?  I've not heard of any other customer with this issue.

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,812 Views)

Attached are pictures of my Python installation directory. I've tried repairing DIAdem through the package manager, but the problem still remains.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,804 Views)

Hi Sam,

It looks like you've configured DIAdem 2021 to run a python 3.10 version, but according to the Release Notes, DIAdem 2021 only works with Python 3.6 and 3.7...

Miscellaneous

• DIAdem installs the base package of Python 3.7 (64-bit) DIAdem also supports Python version 3.6 (64-bit).

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,799 Views)