DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom properties are not displayed in the data portal

Solved!
Go to solution

In my previouse version of DIAdem (2011) there was functionality to display custom properties in the data portal. If selected by right clicking in the data portal the properties would display under the root, group or channel where they were stored. So far I have not been able to find this menu in DIAdem 2014. Was this feature removed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,142 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NeedDIAdemHelp

Hi DIAdemUser1,

This feature was indeed removed.  R&D felt like it caused more confusion than benefit, and I agree.  I do apologize to you and others who liked the feature that has now disappeared.  When DIAdem 9.0 released the custom properties in the Data Portal showed their data types, but that feature was also removed in favor of simplicity.  I often miss that feature, but it's for the greater good.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,107 Views)

Thanks for the information Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,085 Views)

Hello together,

I want to bring up this topic once again to get an advice. I am also using the 2014 version of DIAdem. I have to work on measurement data, which gets originally stored in a .csv format. The file includes a big header (around 30 lines) with test related information I would like to transfer into DIAdem to use it their to create a sufficient report.

My first idea was to use the DataPlugIn-Assistent and to align the header lines to the group properties. I am able to complete the Assistent following this way, but I am not able to see or re-use all the created (custom made) group properties in the data portal. If I click on the created group I can see that some of the information of the header from the .csv-file have been transferred into properties of the group, but some not. Additionally properties have been added I did not create (I assume DIAdem standard types).

So now my question: where is the problem within in my approach? Is their a better strategy to transfer the header data from my original .csv-files into DIAdem-usable information?

As side information: the header contains numeric and text information as well as dates and times.

A big thank you in advance for any sort of help or useful advice!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,133 Views)

Hi FiveAges,

Usually you would attach properties that pertain to the whole file (TestName, StartDateTime, Operator, TestBenchID, etc.) to the file and/or group levels in the 3 level TDM hierarchy.  Many data files have additional header lines that contain channel-specific properties (Name, Unit, Description, Length, etc.), often organized where each column contains properties for one channel.

Can you post your data file for me to look at?  Some file headers are too complicated for the Wizard to read optimally.  Often I can create a custom DataPlugin quite quickly and send it back to you for no cost.  Or I might be able to advise you on how to make the best use of the Wizard.

Brad Turpin

Senior Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,118 Views)