From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.CSV missing time

Hello together,

I'm doing measurements of blood flow. It is possible to export files from the Measurement-System as .DAT Files. I have the File Format Description of the .DAT File so I´m able to write the Values into an .CSV File using FreeMat. But there is no possibility to add the time to the .CSV File so I generated a TimeChannel in DIAdem Analysis. The Graph looks fine, but if I use DIAdem Analysis Integration the Values I get doesn´t make sense. I hope somebody can tell me how to add the Time the right way.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,746 Views)

To get suitable graphs for the measured data and its integration, follow these steps:

1. Create the time channel with the tool "Analysis -> generate numeric channel", adjust the settings as in screenshot "2013-05-15 14_21_52-Numerischen Kanal generieren.png"

way of channel generation: equidistant, start value: 0, end value: 60, number of values: 12501, unit: seconds

2. do the integration with the generated time channel, adjust the settings as in screenshot "2013-05-15 14_24_40-Integrieren.png"

x-channel: [1]/LinearGenerated (this is the time channel), y-channel: [1]/Ch0 (this is the channel with the measured values)

3. open View in DIAdem. First click on the time channel, then press the Ctrl-Key, click on the other two channels and drop them into a 2-axis-diagram.

The result is shown in screenshot "2013-05-15 14_28_47-DIAdem - [VIEW_   Flow.TDV].png"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,715 Views)

Did you consider to create a DataPlugin which can read the DAT file directly and, assuming there is sufficient information in the DAT file, would generate the time channel while reading the data ?

You mentioned that you have access to the documentation of the .DAT file format and you have exampel files so creating a DataPlugin should be possible.

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,689 Views)