From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing DIAdem 2017 I get mfc140u.dll missing errors for DataFinder

Solved!
Go to solution

I have DIAdem 2014 on my machine already.  I just learned I have a VLA for DIAdem 2017 so I installed it yesterday.  Now I get the following errors every time I start my machine.  I tried repairing the DIAdem installation and it didn't work.  Should I uninstall/reinstall?

The program can't start because mfc140u.dll is missing.

The DataFinder cannot start due to an internal error....  Cannot load library C:\...DFDB_Standard.dll

Any ideas?

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,936 Views)

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to see that you are running on to this issues with DIAdem 2017, I have made an internal research and noticed that this issue has been reported in the past. This dll (mfc140u.dll) is related to a Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable, from what I have seen a valid workaround is to try re-adding this dll 

If you are still getting errors with this resintallation I think we could analyze this issue further in a support ticket. 

Let me know, I'll be happy to help as much as I can!

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,907 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DieselPower

mfc140u.dll should eb part of the Visual studio redistributable.

It is normally installed during DIAdem installation, so I am not sure what whent wrong.

14.0 is the Microsft C compiler version. 14.0 comes with Visual Studio 2015.

So you need the redistributable of it.

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Is there any other NI software on the machine or is migrating from

DIAdem 2014 to DIAdem 2017 the only installer history.

Message 3 of 4
(2,896 Views)

I do have other NI software like Measurement Studio and the Circuit Design Suite.  I repaired the VCC installation and it didn't solve the problem.  Now I will try uninstalling DIAdem and reinstalling it to see if that works.

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,841 Views)