DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add In Excel Problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my Excel 2016 (ver. 16.0.4636) cause it doesn't open in any way the TDM Add-in. I can see it in the box of available Add-in but it is not showed in the bar of the excel as a COM Components.

The version of the Add-In is the last one (2017). Is Possible that is not updated for Office 2016?

Thanks for helping me.

Fabrizio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,762 Views)

Hey Fabrizio,

The TDM Excel Add-in works on my Office 365 (2017), so I doubt there's a global problem with Office 2016.  Let's check if this is a display problem or a registration problem.  Try dragging a TDM or TDMS file from Windows Explorer into an open Excel spreadsheet... what happens?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,704 Views)

This is the screen of what i see if i do this. If i active Tdm Com Add-in it will be deactiveted automatically and there is no way to make it stay active and use it. I've tried yet to unistall it and follow some other suggestion from the web but nothing works.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,683 Views)

Hi Fabrizio,

That looks like the TDM Excel Add-in is not registered.  I'm not sure why it automatically unregisters itself after you register it manually each time.  I'll check with R&D and see what they say.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,672 Views)

Hi Fabrizio,

for me it looks like (as Brad mentioned) that the TDM Excel Add-In is not installed on your computer.

addins.PNGexcelAddIn.PNG

In my Excel installation I can find the Add-ins tab (seems to be missing) and the TDM Excel Add-In as "Custom Toolbars".

Please check your NI software section in your installed products/apps and check if the TDM Excel Add-In is listed there.

I'm also struggling why the TDX files are registered for Excel - you will have to use the TDM (header) file which will eventually load the attached waveform data (stored in the associated TDX file).

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,662 Views)