DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing column values from database

HI,

I am done with the database connectivity using VBscript.

I want to access a particular column values from the database .In Dialog editor the UI should have the selection option for the values in that particular column .

for ex: select * from dbname.tablename where column_name1 like xxx and  column_name2 like yyy.

In this the column_name1 and column_name2 should be selected from the UI.

Can anyone pls suggest me the solution..

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,012 Views)

Hi karthika92,

When you say "Dialog editor", do you perhaps instead mean that you would like to programmatically read certain values from a data base and populate a combobox or listbox control on a SUDialog at run time?  Your terminology continues (kogila92) to imply that you want those values at design time, not run time, but I doubt you mean that.

What do you mean that you are "done with the database connectivity using VBScript"?  Do you mean that you got the VBScript to query the data you want, or do you mean you're so frustrated with VBScript that you want a different method of querying the database?

Do you really want all the values from the query, including repeated values in the list, or do you want only the DISTINCT values to display in the combobox or listbox?

Adding items to a combobox or listbox is done with the ControlName.Items.Add() method.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,991 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your support

Actually I would like to programmatically read certain values from a data base and populate a combobox or listbox control on a SUDialog at run time.

Also i want only the DISTINCT values to display in the combobox or listbox?

Please suggest me some solution

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,976 Views)