From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X/Y Chart plotting in whole numbers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to plot signals against a time channel (although as far as I am concerned it is just an incremental channel) on an XY Chart.  The reason I want ot use the XY Chart is I wan to alter the Time channel to shift the data closer to the accelerometer signal.  Below is the setup and outputs, left is what it looks like on a recorder and right how it is coming out on the XY Chart.  As you can see the XY is only showing whole number values, not sure why???

The worksheet is attached as well as the datafile.

XY Chart Issue.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,255 Views)

Deleted... see next response.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,245 Views)

The data that you are plotting has whole numbers for the time... How did you write the data? 

0, 1, 2, 3.... 

2015-06-30_11-02-03.png

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 3 of 6
(6,239 Views)

Even if I make it 3 decimals it still comes out the same...this is just really got me stumped.

(Don't mind the arithmetic block, just shifting the data left.)

XY Chart Issue1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,238 Views)

Yeah... it's the data. See my second reply. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,236 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Falizar

It is the Time Channel from an ASCII write...

Had the Time Format set wrong: "Computer time" was selected not "Time deducted from data"  Must have set that yesterday before I went home Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,235 Views)