DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus TCP/IP with PROFACE

Hello,

We're working on a system using Dasylab and a Proface HIM, both communicating via Modbus TCP/IP.

If we try for example to switch alternatively two lights using a generator, quickly they get of sync.

We guess the problem is coming from the communication but we're not expert.

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,175 Views)

This is a case where the version of the DASYLab software is very important. Each release since the Modbus feature was first added has made significant changes. 

The most recent release is DASYLab 2020.1 (Build 514). If that is what you are running, please describe your worksheet setup in more detail. I assume that you are correctly communicating with the Proface HIM? 

If you are not running the latest, it's worth trying it. You can download the Evaluation and test with it to determine if the problem was resolved. 

My experience with Modbus suggests that you may need to contact your DASYLab distributor for active support. 

--cj --DASYLab Pro -- Retired --- I am no longer employed by NI or Measurement Computing. My opinions are just that, seasoned by 25+ years of working with DASYLab. Please contact www.MeasX.com or www.mccdaq.com for active support options.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,162 Views)

We got some support from Proface : after several tests, it appears the problem is coming from Dasylab.

The software sends words one after one, causing delay.

We're running V13, I'll try version 2020.1 tomorrow.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,145 Views)

Yes, that was a problem that has since been resolved. Regardless of the input to the module, it always output the last value at a very high rate (1000 times a second, I think). 

It's fixed in DASYLab 2020 so that the module only outputs a value when it receives a value at the input. You will need to use a relay or latch module to control the input to the Modbus output module. 

When you install DASYLab 2020, you can look at the Help-->New in this release section to see all of the changes for the last several releases. From V13 to DASYLab 2016 to DASYLab 2020, they made a lot of good changes.  The DASYLab 2020.1 service pack update added the ability to zoom into the worksheet - very nice if you have a high resolution (2K or 4K) monitor. 

--cj --DASYLab Pro -- Retired --- I am no longer employed by NI or Measurement Computing. My opinions are just that, seasoned by 25+ years of working with DASYLab. Please contact www.MeasX.com or www.mccdaq.com for active support options.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,138 Views)
Today we installed 2020 version but it doesn't work, we got the following error message : "ModBus Ana01 : the selected interface cannot be opened" Maybe a firewall issue ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,110 Views)

Hi!

The Modbus interface settings are not saved in the worksheet file.

There is a modbus.ini next to a dasylab.ini – copy the file from older version to folder of the new DASYLab’s dasylab.ini.

Or check the interface settings in Modbus modules – they default to serial/COM communication without existing modbus.ini.

Folder location for

• dasylab.ini
  • modbus.ini (if exists)

is

>>> C:\Users\Public\Documents\DASYLab\<version>\<language>

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,085 Views)