This widget could not be displayed.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use dasylab with bluetooth?

Dear All,

I'm using EZURIO BISMS02BI-01 bluetooth module and Hp laptop integrated bluetooth module to transform data. I suppose that RS232 input module in the DasyLab can read the Com port of the bluetooth. But it does not work this way. It would be great if someone who faminlar with bluetooth and dasylab and help me out.

Thank you in advance.

B.Y

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,805 Views)

It looks like a modem, and DASYLab doesn't do a great job with modems.

If it looks like a transparent comm port, and DASYLab doesn't  need to do modem control (using the AT command language), then it should work fine.

I can talk to my bluetooth GPS device using the virtual comm port that is installed when it connects. That's using the standard bluetooth radio on my laptop.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,803 Views)

Hi CJ,

Thank you very much for your reply!:)

All I want to do is read the data from the bluetooth module by my laptop. Could you be so kind to tell me how to use dasylab to configure virtual comm port and then talk to my bluetooth module. BTW, the sampling rate should be 500Hz, I got a feeling that com port is not capable of doing it. If so, any other products can achieve it.  

Thanks a lot.

B.Y

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,800 Views)

The driver software associated with my GPS unit established the communications port. Once it did that, it was like any other serial port.

I'm not sure that I can assist you with this device.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,796 Views)

Hi B.Y,

I have been carrying out some research into your problem. It is certainly possible for you to interact with your Bluetooth device via DasyLab as it will act as a virtual comms device. As has already been mentioned, the RS232 input module in DasyLab can definitely read from and write to this Bluetooth virtual comms port. The problem here is establishing a connection between your device and the comms port. I have carried out a search on the internet for a methodology to do this, unfortunately without any success. This is not to say that such a methodology does not exist.

Since we do not have access to the Bluetooth device in question, this is about as much as I can provide on this particular query, but I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Christian Hartshorne

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,752 Views)