DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DasyLab worksheet will not open on a different PC with different DAQ hardware

Solved!
Go to solution

I received a .DSB file from a colleague in another lab. They're using Dasylab to control a similar system to mine so I wanted to try to adapt their worksheet for my lab. The problem is that they use an IOtech Daqlab 2001 and we use  MCC USB-2416-4AO hardware. When I open their worksheet I get the message: "This module is not supported by the installed hardware", and the sheet will not load any further. It makes sense to me why this would happen, but I can't seem to figure out how to edit the old modules, or reconfigure the worksheet to work with the USB-2416-4AO.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,407 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gsmith12

Depending on how many channels the IOtech system used:

1) Lowest system impact:

Open the DASYLab Configurator.

Enable the DEMO driver - it support 24 channels on two Analog Input modules. 

Close the Configurator.

Open DASYLab.

Load the worksheet and replace the old Driver modules with the MCC Driver modules. 

Save the worksheet. 

2) Open the DASYLab Configurator.

Enable the IOtech driver. Click OK to close the Configurator. The IOtech driver will run and  install its environment. 

Ensure that you have the .xml file that came with the original worksheet. That contains the IOtech hardware setup. 

Run DASYLab and load the worksheet. The worksheet will load, even without the hardware. 

Find and replace all IOtech Driver modules. 

Save the worksheet

Open the DASYLab Configurator.

Disable the IOtech driver. Click ok to close the configurator. 

The IOtech driver will uninstall. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 4
(4,393 Views)

Thanks! The second suggestion worked for my purposes. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,384 Views)

Good!  IOtech devices can be pretty complex with up to 512 channels on up to 16 expansions. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,374 Views)