From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL problems when sending mail is not possible

Hi,

I've got two problems with DL (V10.0.03) sending mails.

1. DL hangs when it tries to send a mail with Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 and one of the attached files is not there. It continues working in the background but it isn't possible to active the DL window so the only solution to is to shut down DL. I think there is a message window with the error code that is send to back when an other program runs parallel (Thunderbird) and it isn't possible to reactivate this message window again.

2. If the sending of a mail fails for an unknown reason DL keeps on working til it automaticly restarts the next day. Then the hole program stops without any entries in the windows system log. The timeout in the send mail module is set to 10 seconds.

Isn't there a possibility to fix these problems?

Thanks a lot

Marc 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,405 Views)

try it with the new email features in DASYLab V11. You can send mail directly from DASYLab V11, rather than requiring another program.

you can download an evaluation version from www.dasylab.com, to see if it exhibits the same problem.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,402 Views)

Dear CJ,

thank You for Your answer. My problem is that the measurements are still running at three different sites all over the country so I can't change the installation.

The other point is that I bought two new licences of DL this year and it isn't possible to buy updates again.

Marc 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,390 Views)

Marc,

I understand.

When we shipped v10, they made a change to the e-mail module to make it more reliable. it's not clear from your description that this will help you.

If the timeout features doesn't resolve it (sounds like it didn't), then you need to ensure that the file exists before you activate the e-mail module. How do you have the file specified, and why doesn't it exist?

I'll test this scenario in DASYLab V11, and report it to engineering if it still occurs, but that's all I can do at this point. They will only resolve it in V11, since it was not reported during the two+ year live of V10.

New Features in DASYLab 10

New Features in DASYLab 10

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,384 Views)

Dear CJ,

the file didn't exist because in the module "write data" the global variable with the file name isn't written and this is because in this module obviously the string format ${STR..} is not accepted (like in the action modul) but it is displayed in this format. Meanwhile, I fixed this problem.

What I couldn't fix is that DL stops working after a restart after, for an unknown reason, no mail was sent (all files are there). Between the sending of the mail and the restart are 5 minutes which should be sufficient time to handle the mail to thunderbird.

I going to supervise the glob. Var for mail timeout and report whats happening.

Marc 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,379 Views)