From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Second Average Interval

Hello all! New to the forum, I am so glad to have other like-minded individuals to communicate with as I unravel some legacy code.

I have Dasylab exporting 5 second average data to Excel, which is then manipulated using a macro file. So the time stamps may have the second-intervals as :00 & :05, :01 & :06, :02 & :07, :03 & :08, or :04 & 09. There have been cases of people stopping and restarting Dasylab, which causes the time stamp sometimes shift the time-second interval. So there's only a 20% chance that you end up on the same time-second interval when you restart it.

Ideally, I would love these time stamps to automatically be in only intervals of :00 & :05. Is there any way to ensure Dasylab starts on one these? 

Sincere thanks to any help you guys can offer!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,592 Views)

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. 

I'n not sure that we can force DASYLab to use a time stamp that is consistently :00 or :05. The clock ticks start when you click the Start Measurement button, and that may not be on the 0 or five second mark. 

I'm going to try a test where I use a Time Base module to tick seconds, and see if that is more reliable. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 3
(2,546 Views)

Thanks CJ!

It is certainly proving to be a difficult problem. I have considered potentially coding something in VBA to handle this, but the existing code is already pretty resource intensive, so I'm hesitant to pile on more.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,516 Views)