DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating crashes of DAQexpress on long records

I'm using a USB-6009 and a USB-6001 (not at the same time) to perform low-frequency measurements (1...3Hz) of several channels over long periods of time (days or weeks). Nothing fancy.

This used to work fine while working on DE 2.0 on Win 7. After taking several measurements for months on end w/o any problems whatsoever, DE started to crash. Thinking it might be a bug, I upgraded to 5.1. The problems persisted. While speaking to tech support, I (grudgingly) performed a clean install of Win 10. Installed DE from scratch, even started the projects from scratch. Same problem.

The issue is always the same; it works for a few hours, sometimes even a day and then it crashes. What bothers me most is the recorded data is also gone. If the software would crash but you'd at least have the data (up to the point that it crashed), that wouldn't be so bad.

What I've tried so far

- Started a new DE project

- Different USB ports

- Different cables

- Contacted NI support directly (got booted for not having a support subscription; and I thought I was helping NI improve their product...)

- Got a different DAQ on loan from a friend

- Clean OS install

- Clean DE install via package manager

- increasing/decreasing frequency, amount of channels and other parameters.

Specs:

DAQexpress 5.1 build 8.1.0.50414

Windows 10 2004

The test setup had an Arduino connected to do some basic logic control, and at first I thought that might be causing some driver or EMI issues. Problem persists even with nothing attached to the DAQ (hi-Z) and the PC.

I'm at my wit's end. The only option left is getting another PC (not sure if this would help, given the clean install) or switching vendors. Attached are two logfiles and some screenshots.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,325 Views)