DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Panel Crash

I am using a USB-6001 with DAQExpress 3.0 on a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10; the USB-6001 is recognized by DAQExpress, and I am able to read and capture analog input data. However, when I try to use an analysis panel, such as FFT Spectrum (but any other panel fails too), DAQExpress crashes and I get the error:

Error Id: 0x6AD7DF6F

Could not find file 'C:\Users\underwbj\AppData\Local\Temp\ru1rnu0vTPSupport\TestPanelSupport.lvproject'.

I'm not sure what's going on!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,853 Views)

Hi BretU,

Could you please delineate on what steps you took to use the analysis panel?

Could you also provide us with a screenshot of the error message?

Have you been able to use any other analysis panels at all that is not part of the Signal Processing Toolkit? 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,829 Views)

I believe the issue is now resolved after some trial and error, but the steps needed to be taken to avoid the crash were strange.

When the USB-6001 is plugged into the Surface Pro computer, the NI Device Monitorpops up. I open DAQExpress from the Device Monitor, and collect Analog Input data. I record data for a few seconds, then select the recording. Selecting any of the analysis panel options (such as FFT, but others fail as well) leads to a crash with the attached screenshot.

It appears, however, that a workaround is to not open DAQExpress from the NI Device Monitor. If I open DAQExpress directly through the Windows menu, then do the rest of the procedure above to record and analyze data, the analysis panels now work fine.

The problem persists with antivirus software (Trend Micro OfficeScan) turned on or off; this is the latest version of Windows 10 (18.09), but it persisted for older versions of Windows 10 as well.

So, at the moment I have a workaround, but it appears there is a bug in how DAQExpress is initializing when launched from the NI Device Monitor.

Message 3 of 4
(3,811 Views)

I have the same issue. When I opened a .lvproject with previously save data and I try to use the Interactive Analysis Panel the application crashed with the Error shown on the image. Same error happens in the computer of a coworker. 

I tried opening DAQExpress first an later loading the project but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,102 Views)