Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop Counter output when a condition mets from Digital or analog input in LV

Solved!
Go to solution

Actually I acquired the pulses that I am sending to stepper motor. now the problem is to count the pulses so that I can connect the dial guage directly.

Try 1:
I tried pulse counting using Trigger vi's that counts the rising edge of each pulse and accumulates the running sum.

am I right or should I use any other efficient method for pulse counting.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(396 Views)

Implemented properly, some kind of trigger condition detector could be used to post-process the analog pulse data and get a correct count of # pulses.  Odds are, the pulses are clean enough that a simpler thresholding method might be more efficient.  On the other hand, there's the *other* kind of efficiency that comes from using known-reliable trigger detection code instead of rolling & debugging your own custom algorithm.

Try your existing trigger code method and verify that it's accurate.  I'd venture it's probably efficient enough.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 12 of 12
(392 Views)