Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much data can be read in excel sheet in report generation.

Solved!
Go to solution

excel 2007 format has 1048576 number of rows in one sheet . if the date in report generation exceeds this n.o  does the remaining data will automatically 

generated in next sheet or no.

i have one more question in case if all the 3 sheets are full does it generates a new excle file .

for the same que

please mail me on pnraja89@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,587 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nagaa

Hello Raja,

Thank you for bringing this to the fourms. I tested the situtation on my computer and when Excel hit 1,048,576 lines, LabVIEW puts out a -2146827284 error and the program errored out. No new excel file was created and the data doesn't overflow to a new excel sheet. 

Here is more about the error: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F72D117E7751A8FA862570F10052516F?OpenDocument

Thank you,

Vimal Fernandez
ELP EngineerApplications Engineering

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,569 Views)

thanks for ur valuable information. 

i got a new idea if we give a condition like if  row = 2 power 20 ?  create a new excel file then we can eliminate this error

Best Regards

Nagaraja

INDIA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,562 Views)

Hi Nagaraja,

National Instruments has software called NI DIAdem that was designed as dedicated software for postprocessing measurement data.  DIAdem is optimized to be able to handle over 2,000,000,000 (billion) values per data channel (column), as compared to Excel's limitation of 1,048,576 values per column.  

Rather than go through headaches trying to rewrite your LabVIEW code so that you are able to process it in Excel, you may want to look at the many benefits DIAdem has to offer versus Excel  Here are some resources that will compare many benefits that DIAdem provides over Microsoft Excel for processing LabVIEW data:

1. WhitepaperMove Beyond Microsoft Excel for Measurement Data Analysis and Reporting
  2. WebcastMove Beyond Microsoft Excel for Measurement Data Analysis and Reporting

There are already several users in India, especially in Pune, where the automotive customers in the area find the benefits of DIAdem particularly helpful due to the amount of data they are collecting and different types of data they have to process.

Derrick S.
Product Manager
NI DIAdem
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,543 Views)