Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing Card with BNC output ??

Hello all,

I just have a short question: At the moment I am using the NI PCI-6503 5V TTL/CMOS card to send a TTL pulse through to a Sirah Dye Laser. However, the input of the laser is via a BNC cable. So in order to send the TTL pulse, I have a CB-50LP connector block/screw terminal to convert the cards ribbon output to BNC. 

This is a pretty 'dirty' solution.

I was wondering if there are any NI PCI express cards that are capable of sending a TTL pulse via integrated BNC outputes?

Thanks!

Devin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,858 Views)

Hi daben83, 

I'm not sure what you mean by 'integrated BNC' but we do have several connector block that allow BNC interaction.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to answer. 

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,839 Views)

Hello again,

Thank you for your rapid response.

That is currently the setup that I have. I have the 50 pin ribbon cable going from the PCI-6503 to a connector block. On the connector block I have connected the internal wires of a BNC cable, then run the other end to my laser. What I am looking for is a PCI card that actually has a BNC output (or similar coaxial output) so that I can get rid of the connector block all together.

Thanks,

Devin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,830 Views)

Hi daben83, 

The NI-4461 or NI-4462 may suit your needs, there are not many other cards that have just BNC outputs on the card, as this severly limits channel count. 

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/model/pci-4461.html

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,812 Views)