Community Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigol DP832A Instrument Driver

Overview

This is an VI Instrument Driver for the Rigol DP832A Power Supply. 

Description

This VI Instrument Driver can be fairly easily extended to work for other power supplies within the 8xx series. The ID Query string will need to be updated in Initialize.vi and the channel names will likely need to be modified in the Type Def Channels.ctl. This is modified from the DP1308A VIs from http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=19034

Be aware that not all VIs have been throughly tested. The Example works well along with the VIs specifically used within. The Timer VIs and a few others have not yet been tested so use with caution.

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Download the attached zip archive file.
  2. Copy to the instr.lib folder as described here.

Requirements

Software

This was done with LabView 2013. Not sure how it will work with older versions.

Hardware

Rigol DP832A Power Supply or other power supplies in the 8xx series

Additional Images or Video

Comments
gayank83
on

Hi There,

I am using Rigol DP831A power supply. This is hooked up to a PC via USB from the USB DEVICE port on the DP831A. 

It showed up on my MAX as "USB0::0x1AB1::0x0E11::DP8A161250031::INSTR". 

The VI's that you upload (RIGOL_DP800_Series.zip ‏249 KB) did not work (Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in RIGOL DP800 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->RIGOL DP800 Series Output DC Volts.vi).

You mentioned that we have to change the ID Query string on Initialize.vi. I don't think i get it properly.

Could you please let me what are the changes i have to make in which VI's and what the exact string i have to change.

Thanks

Gayan

hchang
on

Removing VISA CLR from Initialize.vi fixed this issue for me. 

Capture.PNG

mohammad_m
on

Removing VISA CLR didn't solve this problem for me. I changed the *IDN?; to *IDN? and now it doesn't return error reading the ID.

Thanks

mohammad_m
on

Correction:

By changing the ID query the function works fine except if I run the vi multiple times, it returns error. The solution for this problem is mentioned above by hchang which is removing the VISA clear.

Thanks

TomaszCiesla
on

works on LV2017

1. Test using NI MAX -> VISA test panel -> Input/Output -> Query for *IDN?\n

2. If no answer reboot Power Supply (I needed to do so)

3. I've removed VISA CLR as above but maybe it's not necessary...

4. If using DP832 instead of DP832A remove "A" in Initialize "RIGOL TECHNOLOGIES,DP832A" -> "RIGOL TECHNOLOGIES,DP832"

Mike-ANL
on

I'm getting the same error code while attempting to use this VI with the LV 2019 evaluation copy on a new Win 10 system with a Rigol DP832 DC power supply.  I've changed DP832A to DP832 in the initialize VI and deleted the VISA CLR function from the initialize VI.  Does anyone have other tips?

The DP800 series programming manual mentions needing to run "Ultra Sigma" code from Rigol before using LV with the DP832 - is that still necessary?

Does the DP832 need any special manual configuration before using Labview?

Thanks, Mike

Contributors