British Columbia LabVIEW User Group Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC LabVIEW User Group Meeting Q4 2023

Hi BC LabVIEW users!

Once again, it has been a very long time since we have had a user group meeting. Last one was planned for July 2020... which of course couldn't happen. Now that things have been back to normal for a while, Testforce and I are looking to hold another one! We have been talking about it for quite some time, and I finally have some time to make it happen.

Of course, to have a meeting we need presentations! I plan to present, but we will need one or two other presentations. Please let me know if you are interested in presenting. I may be able to do a second presentation if necessary, but it would be great to have a variety of presenters.

I'm planning on presenting on:

* LabVIEW Object Oriented Design

* Overview of the project I'm working on (if necessary).

We are hoping to hold the meeting towards the end of November, likely at Invinity (where I work). Date to be confirmed soon (and will be adjusted to meet presenters availability).

Thanks,

John

Message 1 of 7
(1,135 Views)

Hi John,

Thanks for organizing this, I'm interested in presenting.

I'm not sure what the topic is yet, maybe something DQMH, CI/CD, or workflow related.

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,100 Views)

OK... mark your calendars, we have a plan in place! 😀

Meeting will be on Thursday Nov 23, 2023 from 5:30 to 8:00, and Invinity's production facility 1250 East Pender Street, Vancouver, BC

Testforce had kindly offered to supply food and drink again!

Please let me know if you have any feedback on timing and duration of the meeting and we can adjust. Too early, late, long, short?

There are three 40 min presentations planned (NI may be able to do a second if we want to extend the meeting):

* Testforce/NI - tbd but likely a remote NI guest speaker will talk on using the VI Profiling Tools.

* Paul from AbCellera will present on their coding philosophy, way of working, and delivery of their code.

* I will present on LabVIEW OOD with real word examples from Invinity's system controller.

A formal invitation and registration link will be available soon.

Thanks,

John

Message 3 of 7
(1,071 Views)

Hi everyone- 

I wanted to say hello from Testforce! My name is Rasna Mantha. I am an inside sales representative at Testforce. I am seeking a representative from our side to present on this date. I will provide you with an update once everything has been finalized. I would appreciate it if you shared and registered the following link. 

This is the the registration link: https://marketing.testforce.com/acton/fs/blocks/showLandingPage/a/35013/p/p-015e/t/page/fm/0

Feel free to call/text me for any questions at all! 

Thank you so much, 

Rasna Mantha

236-862-1619

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,043 Views)

Hi Everyone!

Reminder of the User Group meeting tomorrow evening.

We have a lot planned, so please feel free to show up a bit early to settle in, as we will need to start shortly after 5:30. Anytime after 5:00 should be fine. Here is the agenda:

JohnG3k_0-1700725932228.png

Parking: There are about 10 spots in our parking lot. The gate will be open until 5:40 (and again after), so feel free to park there. Otherwise, there is lots of street parking out front. 

There should be someone at the side door to let you in, but if not, just hang tight and someone will be there shortly.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

John

Message 5 of 7
(946 Views)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who came to the meeting. I think it went very well. Here are a few following up points:

* I have submitted the list of attendees to NI certification rewards, so you should be able to claim your 5 re-certification points by either emailing certificationrewards@ni.com or filling out the form here.

* I have attached my presentation to this post in case anyone is interested in reviewing.

* From the discussion at the end of the meeting I gather that there is a desire to have another meeting in about 6 months time, about the same length with three 30 minute presentations with more time for Q&A. If you have other opinions please reply with those ideas.

Thanks again to testforce for supplying food and drink. It was delicious!

John 

Message 6 of 7
(860 Views)

Thanks John for organizing and to testforce.

You can find my presentation attached here.

The code from my presentation can be found on GitHub - https://github.com/pfoneill/Jenkins-LabVIEW-CI

Message 7 of 7
(856 Views)