Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help for Labview Project

hi there,

I am currently working on a project "Otoacoustic Emissions" which are nothing but the emissions from the outer hair cells of inner ear.I am supposed to measure those emissions or the signal and process it, to further analyse and determie the amt of deficiency in hearing  in Neonates and hearing impaired.

I want to generate a click sound using labview and play it via a sound card to the probe which has the microphone in it, which will record the signals emitted by the inner ear in response to the click sound introduced in the ear.Those signals then via a DAQ card would be recorded for futher analysis..

I need some help in Labview programming since i am a beginner and done with the basics of LABVIEW programming only.Also any other ideas so as to how to go about with the project will be higly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,422 Views)

For playing the sound, you can use the Play Sound File VI, or if you want control of the volume you can use the Sound File Read Simple.vi and then using the various VIs in the Sound palette to play and control the waveform.

For the data acquisition, you can probably start with the DAQ Assistant express VI, which will walk you through the configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,012 Views)

By the way, if you don't already have a click sound recorded, you can probably find one at <WINDOWS>\system32\oobe\images\clickerx.wav

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,012 Views)

hi there,

thanks for your response but i need to produce click sound using labview.Click sound is basically a rectangular pulse of certain amplitude preferably 150 microseconds.I need to figure it out so as to how to generate this click sound and then using it as an analog output send it to the probe which then transmits the click sound to the inner ear.This is the first part and the second part is Acquisition in which i need to collect the signals emitted frfrom the inner ear and display it using a frequency response plot in db.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,012 Views)

In that case, assuming you are still using the sound card for your analog output, you'll just generate a simple waveform in LV and then send it to the Sound Output Write function.  Try something like this:

playclick.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,012 Views)

You'll want to put the analog input in a separate loop, and assuming you can get a clean enough signal, trigger it off of the noise then output it to a graph.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,012 Views)

hi every one

can any of u send me the names of toolkits that are available in labview till now related to ecg? plzzzzz

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,012 Views)

At the top of the Biomedical User Group home page there are several tabs.  Click on "documents" and you will find several posts related to the Biomedical Starter Kit and ECGs.

You can also find related articles in the Document titled "Popular Developer Zone Articles".

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,012 Views)

hi every1...

i have q. need urgent help... can we acquire triangular and square wave by using sound card????

my motherboard has built in sound card its no is D955XBK...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,012 Views)

hi sandeep

i am working on the same topic "otoacoustic emission" as you.

i just want to discuss with you regarding the project

so plz give me your contact details.

my contact: thirupathi2690@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,012 Views)