Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with nican.dll

Hi,

I'm trying a communication CRIO with a driver by CAN, but the download of host VI to CRIO fail:

- Failed to download ncOpen.vi
-LabView:Failed to load shared library nican.dll
ncOpenObject:E on RT target device

I ready update nican.dll with 2.4 version

regards

RC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,833 Views)

Hi

Make sure you have installed ni-rio 2.1 Here is the Link . Or ni-985x 1.2.1. Here is the Link.  NI-CAN supports only cRIO 900x controllers running Pharlap RT. There is no support for cRIO 90xx Controllers running Vx Works. The use of NI-CAN api functions makes only sense if you try to use the virtual interface for frame to channel conversion. Otherwise you have to use the FPGA elemental I/O to access the 985x  c-series modules. The cRIO drivers mentioned above install examples for these cases. The LabVIEW help describes the "How to".

DirkW

Message 2 of 8
(7,815 Views)
Do you know of anyone that has developed API's for use on the RIO 9012 or whether NI are releasing an API any time soon?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,267 Views)

Hello Yougo,

Unfortunately you need to develop you own API on your controllers based on VX Works.

Manuel R
AE dans une autre vie
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,245 Views)

Right now there is no NI-CAN support for VxWorks available, but we are looking into this right now, because of the increasing number of Requests, like yours. But i can not tell any timeline or release date yet. Hopefully this works out until the  end of the year.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,239 Views)

Well.... it is now September, 2011.

Are the NI CAN drivers available for VxWorks?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,068 Views)

Howdy,

Still no support for NI-CAN in VxWorks, but there is NI-XNET support for the NI-9862. If you are using the NI-9853 it might be possible to use the NI-XNET Frame to Channel Conversion library to bring data from the FPGA and use NI-XNET VI/databases to work with the Frame and Signal information.

Joshua B.
National Instruments
Message 7 of 8
(5,063 Views)

Hi triviper,

Indeed, the NI-CAN driver/hardware is slowly being replaced by NI-XNET because this latter is better suited for other protocols such as LIN or FlexRay. Which explains why there won't be a driver directly used by cRIO under VxWorks. As stated several times, there are libraries to use to import CAN data from the FPGA to the RT part.

Regards,

Rik.

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,052 Views)