Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI XNET CAN, NI PXI 8513/2, KWP2000

Hello All,

I am using NI-PXIe-1071 with NI-PXIe-8821 as my chassis and one CAN module NI-PXI 8513 which is a 2 port CAN module. Now am trying to communicate with ECU through CAN module using KWP2000 protocol. In NI MAX, there is no problem i can able to communicate but through my labview code I could not, an error has been generated. I have attached the error code kindly tell me suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,288 Views)

Could you tell me what values you entered into the vi?  Also, it would be better to attach the vi itself rather than a picture of it.  I will also report your post to a moderator to move to the Automotive and Embedded Networks forum, which is more appropriate for XNET and ADCS questions.

I did find a result when googling the error code itself (using Help->Explain Errors yields no results) - http://download.ni.com/pub/gdc/tut/nican_errors_en.pdf mentions it as an NI-CAN error:
"You used a baud rate that is not valid for your transceiver type. For example, Low-Speed transceivers are limited to 125 k, and Single-Wire transceivers are limited to 100 k. Solutions: Use MAX to specify a valid baud rate in the interface Properties dialog; for the Frame API, specify a valid baud rate in the Config function for the Net Interface."

Note that there is a special syntax that you have to use if you want to use NI-XNET instead of (the obsolete) NI-CAN for the ADCS.  If you look at the detailed help for the Open Diagnostic Session, it should be able to give you more details.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,171 Views)