From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9862 and NI-9860 Code Compatibility

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have built a library that is working on a cRIO with NI-9862 that I use for CCP/XCP data acquisition from ECU that it's working on CAN 2.0 and CAN FD. (ECU MC Toolkit is not working with our ECUs so we had to create our own library). The code is working fine but we would like now to change the NI-9862 with NI-9860 and CAN HS/FD transceiver cables and we need to know if the RT code will still be compatible and we will obtain the same behavior. Of course I expect that FPGA code will have to be recompiled but both being XNET devices, the RT code should work without changes right?

Unfortunately, NI does not allow loaning of this modules so we have to buy them in order to test them.

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,036 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LucianM

You are correct that the FPGA will need to be recompiled. Other than that, the existing code should work without any problem. The modules are virtually identical from the software perspective.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(3,026 Views)