From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN: How to use nxPropLINSched_RunMode?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

How do I use nxPropLINSched_RunMode?

When I call it with nxdbGetProperty(scheduleReference, nxPropLINSched_RunMode, (u32)sizeof(*runMode), runMode), I get error 0xBFF630C0, "A property value was out of range or incorrect. Solution: specify a correct value."

The help file says "... similar to database properties, you cannot change it after a session is created", so that's why I went this route.

What I'm trying to do is send a single frame header for the device under test to respond to, and when I try to do that with a frame out stream the entire LIN schedule is started, which I don't want.  Hopefully nxPropLINSched_RunMode is the right thing to use, but I'm open to other methods if anybody has suggestions or examples.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,437 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaime_c

The error goes away when runMode is a uint32_t and the size passed into the function is sizeof(uint32_t).

I had to #include <stdint.h> in order to use uint32_t.

I don't know yet whether this will lead to a solution for the problem of sending a single frame header, but at least it cleared the error.

Thanks to Katherine from NI Technical Support!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,305 Views)