Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-line On Board Diagnostics

Hi,

My name is Corentin and I'm an Automotive Engineering Student from Belgium. For my thesis I'm trying to communicate with the engine ECU (Volkswagen Golf 4 tdi 2001) through the single wire K-line protocol (in particular the KWP1281) on the OBD connector. I want to acces different engine parameters, such as MAF-sensor, MAP-sensor, enigine rpm, temperatures, etc.. for monitoring purposes (in labview). These parameters are available through the On Board Diagnostics (OBD).
Newer vehicles have the OBD through the CAN-lines, and with the NI9862 and Automotive Diagnostics Command Set (and this example VI),  they are easy to acces. But older vehicles only use the K-line for On Board Diagnostics.
I'm having trouble finding the right NI hardware for communicating through the K-line.

My backup plan would be creating a circuit with the ELM323 IC , but I'd prefer NI hardware (compatibility with cDAQ would be even better)

Can anyone help me out ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,963 Views)

EDIT: ELM is no good since it doesn't seem to support KWP1281.. gotta find a new backup plan..

but I could still use this ELM for a Volvo we have here that does support ISO9141(which is similar to KWP1281, hence my confusion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(10,750 Views)

anyone got any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(10,720 Views)
I suggest to contact our Alliance Partner in Germany Goepel
Goepel offers solutions for k-Line with various form factors

http://www.goepel.com/en/automotive-test-solutions/automotive-interfaces/k-line.html
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(10,716 Views)

Interesting! KW1281,other K-line protocols AND CAN supported in one controller, and labview drivers.. excellent! I will contact them first thing in the morning!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(10,714 Views)

I have same problem as yours but unfortunately the link is damaged so i couldn't open it would you please help me? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,603 Views)

Hi goddess1992

Here is an updated link

Regards

Andreas

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,576 Views)