cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with ECU (Flexray)

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning

I have to communicate with an ECU (a .A2L database) throught Flexray protocol. Until now, I supposed that to communicate with this ECU the only way was through a PCI-8517, but I am looking the Labview examples and there are many examples of modificating .A2L file where are used another hardware. Could someone give me some advice? Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,952 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex94Izq

The ECUMC toolkit supports CCP and XCP communications using A2L files, however, the toolkit is currently only supported on CAN (or Ethernet hardware for XCP). 

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,932 Views)

Thanks.

To communicate with ECU through Flexray, I need a RT device (for example, crio) or with windows based labview is enough?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,905 Views)

A couple of things to consider...

NI offers the 8517 in PXI and PCI format to communicate with FlexRay devices. The 8517 with XNET will allow you to transmit frames/signals to the ECU and receive responses in return. This usually requires a FIBEX database that defines the frames and signals.

XCP on FlexRay is a communications protocol built on top the normal FlexRay backbone. NI does not offer any software that implements XCP on FlexRay. For an off the shelf implementation of XCP on FlexRay you will need to look at some of our partners.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,895 Views)