Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANopen with CMO (copley motion objects)

Hello All,

We purchased 3 of the Copley ACP controllers, which we are controlling via CMO in Labview.  Our application is a testbed to evaluate new cutters for a school project.  For the actual test sequence, we have one of the controllers operating in position mode, oscillating back and forth between 2 positions.  At the same time, another controller is operating in velocity mode, where the instantaneous velocity and direction are proportional to a load cell.  I'm not entirely sure what is happening, but the system is regularly faulting out, providing this error:

Exception occured in CMLCOM.AmpObj.1: Timeout waiting on SDO in 4_xaxis-05082008.vi

In addition, when we transition from "Manual Mode" to "Automated Cyclic Test", the cutting motor (position) oscillates as it should, but the sample advance axis (the load cell controlled velocity) doesn't function correctly.

Does anybody have any suggestions?  I very green to the CMO and CANopen in general, and would really appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!
.jim
--
Jim S
GRA/Colorado School of Mines
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,132 Views)

Update,

With the .vi attached, I am able to have the cutting motor and the sample advance axis run at the same time.  However, there is a substantial lag in response time for the sample advance axis (which is run through the velocity control loop).  Further, I am regularly receiving these messages:

Exception occured in CMLCOM.AmpObj.1: Timeout in 5-05082008.vi

I'm still unsure how to debug this...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

.jim

--
Jim S
GRA/Colorado School of Mines
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,129 Views)

This is more a question for the Copley Support, because you are talking to their interface.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,120 Views)