From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project that I am considering converting to AF

Solved!
Go to solution

I have written a functioning program to control a particle accelerator.  My main UI has 13 separate loops interacting asynchronously with various pieces of equipment.  They pool the results with a bunch of IO on a cRIO.  I want to modularize the code more.  I have used some LVOOP and gone through the training materials.  I have a problem in that I am forced to use LV2010 (long story).  I downloaded the 2010 port but the example is broken...

I would like some help getting started, but I have to balance operating and improving a working system with a complete rework.

I am excited to work with AF as I think it is the perfect fit for my project.

Getting started advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,156 Views)

Hi Casey,

I guess I am responsible for the LV2010 version.  It is not an official NI entity.  I will look at the demo again.  It has bee a while.  Can you point me toward what is not working?

Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,330 Views)

Casey,

I posted a new version of a demo used at Alliance Day 2011 ported to LV2010.  It is here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-21260

This is a very simple demo.  It is not the Cooler demo, but that one is pretty complicated and unless it is extremely important, I prefer not to explore that.

I hope this helps.

And you have come to the right place for help.

Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,330 Views)

Here are some shots of what I am seeing.  I can't even get the example open due to something being missing.  I see all of the AF icons, etc in the pallette.  Not sure if this is a problem with loading from the wrong place or if I am missing functional pieces.

Some screen shots:

Actor Errors Trimmed 1.png

Actor Errors Trimmed 2.png

Thanks,

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,330 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CaseyLamers1

It appears that omething is messed up with the Actor Framework.lvlib.  I noticed in the dependencies that there is a user.lib folder and ALSO noticed Actor.lvclass is not inside Actor Framework.lvlib.  Here is what my project looks like:

project.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,330 Views)